This critical, highly visible role will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day operations of the StartingBlock space. The Community Manager will be the primary point of contact for our members and be responsible for managing much StartingBlock’s physical space. Event coordination, visitor wayfinding, and knowledge of key partners’ operations will be important responsibilities. Communication and personality will be key to success in this position. The activities surrounding this position will help fuel StartingBlock now and into the future. If you like building communities, are passionate about working with entrepreneurs, and enjoy managing people, solving problems, and juggling logistics in a fast-paced, constantly evolving community, this position is a great fit for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be main point of contact for StartingBlock community members and tenants
- Be available during SBM core hours to support routine member and visitor requests and questions;
- Support member/tenant onboarding, signage, mail and package delivery, questions, FAQs, community directory, etc;
- Maintain welcome desk staffing schedule to ensure short and long-term coverage;
- Manage and give building tours; and
- Manage day-to-day space & room operations; including but not limited to access, layout, and audio-visual requirements; and
- Coordinate with community managers for other building entities (DreamBank, American Family Institute)
- Assist in managing StartingBlock intern and volunteer teams.
- Support intern/volunteer program that sources talent, establishes duties, defines projects, manages outcomes and evaluates outcomes for interns and volunteer teams
- Manage communications with educational institutions around intern requirements, timelines etc.
- Assist in the day-to-day supervision of intern and volunteer teams.
- Coordinate StartingBlock and SBM Partner Programs & Events
- Work closely with the SBM team in scheduling, coordinating, and supporting programs and events organized or sponsored by StartingBlock to meet StartingBlock objectives; and
- Collaborate with partners and external groups requesting or holding events at StartingBlock/Spark Building as the logistics point of contact.
- Manage program and events logistics
- Manage event calendars and event scheduling, registration pages, etc.;
- Manage staffing to support programs and events;
- Manage event space reservations, set up, deliveries, and logistics;
- Ensure event organizers compliance with StartingBlock and Spark Building Rules and Regulations.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy communicator who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced work environment. They will be an extremely organized and process-driven individual who can routinely juggle competing priorities with a focus on internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Education: High School Diploma is required. Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience: Hospitality, Customer Service or Help Desk experience preferred. Event Management or Project Management experience preferred.
- Skills: Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization, Persistence
- Personal characteristics: Trustworthy, Consistent, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable,
- Physical abilities: The ability to lift 70lbs.
- Ready to take the lead, assist or participate in all things StartingBlock!
$40,000-50,000, depending on experience