We are looking for an awesome leader to be StartingBlock’s Community Manager
StartingBlock’s mission is to create meaningful intersections. We focus on building and supporting Madison’s entrepreneurs, innovators, and the doers.
We want someone who gets and loves community building and who wants to develop, lead and inspire a community team that can handle all that our community throws at them — everything from community questions, event and programming coordination, handling visitors, and general problem solving.
We are looking for someone with the communication skills and personality to build trusted relationships with our members and partners. If you like building communities, are passionate about working with entrepreneurs, and enjoy building teams, solving problems, and juggling logistics in a fast-paced, constantly evolving community, this position is a great fit for you!
We are all looking for community team members. So if you are a student looking for internship, want to volunteer, summer hours, or just want to get involved, contact us today.
DEVELOP & LEAD STARTINGBLOCK’S COMMUNITY TEAM
- Develop and lead Community Team consisting of interns, volunteers, and members that will collaboratively and autonomously be the heart of StartingBlock community.
- Manage Community Team responsibilities and work schedules to provide coverage at our welcome desk, give tours, support events and programs, manage event registration and logistics, welcome and onboard new StartingBlock members, answer member questions, etc.
- Identify and develop Community Team special projects (social media, blog post) and work with community team to complete projects and accomplish Community outcomes.
- Manage communications with educational institutions around intern requirements, timelines etc.
MANAGE COMMUNITY RELATED ISSUES
- Serve as main point of contact for StartingBlock community members and tenants.
- Evaluate and coordinate with external groups requesting or holding events at StartingBlock or otherwise collaborating with StartingBlock.
- Coordinate with community managers for other building entities: DreamBank; American Family, and American Family Institute.
COORDINATE PROGRAMMING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Assist in developing and implementing StartingBlock’s strategic PR and communication strategy relating to programs and events and community updates, e.g., using slack, social media, website, newsletter, etc.;
- Engage and interact with partners and attendees as StartingBlock’s primary point of contact
- Oversee the communication content for StartingBlock, including website and social media content (facebook, twitter, instagram)
- Collect, organize and maintain communications and photographic content for archival and future communication purposes
We can consider part time (20+ hours/week) to full time.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, self-starter with a passion for community building and entrepreneurship. You will be directly responsible for the overall satisfaction of our community and take great pleasure in supporting a busy office while solving problems no matter how big or small they might be. This role needs the very special unicorn who loves to wear many hats and juggle multiple projects while intuitively being able to prioritize and stay on target.
If you are someone who inspires others, loves to learn, thrives on change and evolution, likes leading teams, solving problems, and wants to be at the center of Madison’s startup ecosystem, join StartingBlock.
Education: High School Diploma is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Customer Service, Event Management or Project Management experience preferred. Team building experience (especially with volunteers, interns and young people) preferred.
Skills: Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization, Relationship Building
Personal Characteristics: Trustworthy, Consistent, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable
Physical Abilities: The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Not afraid of heights.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About StartingBlock Madison
StartingBlock Madison represents a massive community effort — from Madison’s entrepreneurs community, city and business leaders, and our educational and government institutions — to help make Madison a global leader in entrepreneurship by sparking innovation and companies that make a difference – now and in the future. At StartingBlock, we create meaningful intersections that cultivate entrepreneurs, build innovative and growing companies, and drive new ideas into reality.
StartingBlock’s 50,000+ square foot entrepreneurial hub within the new Spark Building is a place for entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and community members to connect, share innovative ideas, and create next-generation businesses.